The Birkman Method is a favorite personality and career assessment tool for business and leadership development because of the rich picture it paints of an individual.
Just as TV screens have varying resolutions – standard definition, high definition, 4K – personality assessments have different levels of detail, as well. Birkman is at the far end of the spectrum, giving the highest level of insight into the motivations, perceptions, and behaviors of a person.
It is considered the premier advanced assessment tool because it uncovers and interprets behavioral data that other assessments don’t address or merely gloss over. Birkman feedback is presented in a way that is user-friendly and easy to segment.
Here are a few ways Birkman is different:
- The only assessment that measures underlying NEEDS, which is the support you’ll need from others along with the environments to be your most effective self
- Combines behavioral and occupational research together for a greater understanding of a person’s ideal fit within an organization
- Offers comparative reporting between a person and their coworkers or team
- The only comprehensive solution that yields many report formats from one assessment
- Uses motivational and reaffirming language that encourages personal growth
The Birkman Backstory: